New Game+ mode coming next year.
Monolith Soft has provided some new details about Xenoblade Chronicles 2‘s forthcoming updates and expansion pass.
According to a recent post from Monolith Soft executive director Tetsuya Takahashi, the Ver. 1.1.1 update, which will drop on December 22, will include a slew of bug fixes as well as the following features:
- An easy mode for the Tiger! Tiger! mini game.
- By pressing the X button, the Skip Travel screen will open the map to your current location.
- By pressing the L stick, players will be able to see the 1:1 zoom ration on the mini map. This will improve the visibility of your surroundings and make it easier to check quest locations.
As for the expansion pass, Monolith revealed the following items will be given to players:
- Driver Essentials Set: 10 Rare Core Crystals, 1 Legendary Core Crystal, and 3 Overdrives.
- 30,000 ether, which can be used to upgrade Poppi.
- Pyra’s Favorite Things: 5 x Jenerossi Tea.
- Nia’s Favorite Things: 5 x Ardainian Bear Carving.
Additionally, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 get a New Game+ mode next year, and it will be available to everyone, regardless of whether or not you purchased the expansion pass. This second playthrough will allow players to recruit additional Blades and give you the chance to unlock the LV 4 Special of a certain Blade. More quest and further improvements to the mini map will also be added next year.
Read IGN’s Xenoblade Chronicles 2 review to find out why we think it’s “a satisfying RPG in which story, combat, and exploration all deliver.” Also be sure to check out our wiki guide for the Switch-exclusive RPG.