Coming to all platforms on April 3.
Rocket League‘s Tournaments Update is coming in early April, Psyonix announced.
The update will be released on all platforms on April 3 and will allow players to create tournaments without leaving the game. Plenty of quality-of-life improvements will also be added, including performance and visual quality updates for the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
The following improvements/content will be added with the Tournaments Update:
- Connection Quality Information – This will add new notification icons which signal the types of online connection issues during online matches to better troubleshoot problems
- Enhanced Garage Options – This adds sorting, searching, item stacking, and filtering options
- Expanded Team Customization – Battle-Cars will have more primary color palette shades. Players will also have the option to “Equip to Blue” and “Equip to Orange” for painted car bodies
- Audio Improvements – Crowd audio has been improvement for reactions to saves, goals, and important plays. Players will also be able to play the soundtrack during online and offline matches
- Samurai Battle-Car – New Import Battle-Car available as a limited-drop inside the new Triumph Crate
Rocket League is also getting WWE-themed customization items later this year and is now an official partner of Wrestlemania 34. DC-inspired DLC/cars recently came out as well, including different versions of the Batmobile.