Will the housing crisis finally be resolved?
Final Fantasy 14 is getting a companion app alongside May’s Under the Moonlight patch, with more content building on the Stormblood expansion.
Unfortunately the app isn’t quite as snazzy as Final Fantasy 14 Online GO, the April Fool’s Day prank app that promised to let players mine for materials by smashing their phones into trees and throwing them into rivers. The Final Fantasy 14 Online Companion App’s features are far more humdrum but still super useful, letting players organise their inventory and armoury chest, use the scheduler to organise events, browse the market board and buy and sell items, chat with friends and Free Company members, and register an additional favoured destination Aetheryte.
The base app will be free, but players can sign up for the premium version for a monthly fee that comes with additional benefits like doubling saddle bag capacity, allowing players to employ an additional retainer, and letting them organise saddlebag and retainer inventories.
The release date of the app has yet to be confirmed.
Patch 4.3 was also announced, bringing a new dungeon, a new raid, new quests, and a new expedition to The Forbidden Land, Eureka Expansion. The patch will also update jobs, PvP, housing, and more. The highlights from the press release are listed below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The story of Stormblood continues.
- New Alliance Raid – The Ridorana Lighthouse.
- New Trial – It’s a secret!
- New Dungeon – The Swallow’s Compass.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Namazu.
- New Sidequests – The Four Lords, Doman Reconstruction and Further Hildibrand Adventures.
- New Deep Dungeon – 100-Floor Heaven-on-High.
- The Forbidden Land, Eureka Expansion – Pagos Expedition.
- New Ultimate Difficulty Raid – Ultima Weapon.
- Updates to jobs, PvP, Glamour System, Housing, Performance Actions, new more powerful gear and more.
Under the Moonlight patch 4.3 is scheduled to go live in late May. The free Final Fantasy 14 trial is still available, giving players free reign in the game up to level 35. You can sign up here.